This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by King2.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Janni Participant
      August 7, 2017 at 22:27 #1781

Hi Captain and all,

Congratulations with this shiny new nicely looking home of AW2.
      It’s very cool to see there is still a community around Joint Operations. After all it’s a 13 year old game, and (fair to say?) abandoned from Novalogic a long time ago, later sold to THQ Nordic.

Today JO shows signs of wear but still holding up. I feel very nostalgic looking at Kutu Arms Market and Surga Mtn. Overwatch.
      What made the game so great was all the nice people in the community. We had loads of fun scrims with clans all over Europe.
      At the time even Novalogic was responding. I remember emailing directly with president Lee Milligan and they were very supportive and appreciating the feedback.

Captain and team have put enormous amount of time and energy into this mod and launching this nicely looking site in 2017 only show his dedication and continuous support. Truly amazing!

Keep up the good work, and to end with a quote from Mr. Milligan,
      “May all your wars be virtual”

• Captain Keymaster
      August 9, 2017 at 22:03 #1806

Hi Captain and all, Congratulations with this shiny new nicely looking home of AW2. It’s very cool to see there is still a community around Joint Operations. After all it’s a 13 year old game, and (fair to say?) abandoned from Novalogic a long time ago, later sold to THQ Nordic. Today JO shows signs of wear but still holding up. I feel very nostalgic looking at Kutu Arms Market and Surga Mtn. Overwatch. What made the game so great was all the nice people in the community. We had loads of fun scrims with clans all over Europe. At the time even Novalogic was responding. I remember emailing directly with president Lee Milligan and they were very supportive and appreciating the feedback. Captain and team have put enormous amount of time and energy into this mod and launching this nicely looking site in 2017 only show his dedication and continuous support. Truly amazing! Keep up the good work, and to end with a quote from Mr. Milligan, “May all your wars be virtual”

Greetings Janni

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the new site! I’m glad you like it.
      Im happy you’re here and hope to see you a lot 🙂

• cyclebot Participant
      August 13, 2017 at 00:44 #1822

Great Job! CYCLEBOT`

• RR SNAKE UK Participant
      August 15, 2017 at 19:52 #1823

Hi Captain.

Looks like you have done a great job on the new web site, Hope to see many of the old members dropping by here.
      Onr thing I would like to mention is that I can not upload my avatar, where the button says chose a file, I click it and
      nothing happens. something wrong here ???

• Walker*|* Participant
      August 19, 2017 at 02:00 #1830

Been a while but worth it love the site and will start making maps now that I have the tools to do it with →Thanks Captian and Crew←

Walker*|*

• Wolfseye Participant
      August 19, 2017 at 11:56 #1831

Hi Captain,

looks good. I am glad there are still people coming here and playing JO/AW2. Funny, how there are a few people, thinking its my fault that there are so few people left playing this game, because, and I quote, because I introduced some people back then to  Insurgency, especially (as it appears) the map makers.

I wasn’t sure if I would be angry about a statement like that, but in the end I had to smile. JO & AW2 already had a lack of people a long time ago, there weren’t even so many Map makers that actually made maps, to even get people away from this Game or making maps for it. Not to mention, that its people’s right to try out other things and if they prefer that, they just play that or create content for that game.

Chief-C is the only map maker that really stuck with Insurgency, and the last I know he is now working (officially) for the Developers there, because believe it or not, he makes actually money from that and so can live. You know, priorities. So, to those that think that its my fault, there is a “bite me” and “lol“, take your pick. 😉

I really hope you get that @Daggi.

I recently switched to MacOSx, and not really play anything anymore. I got other priorities in my life by now, but who knows, maybe I get JO working on MacOSx (not that it would take much to get JO running). 😉

A big shout-out to Cap here, for his continued work on this fine Mod. Makes me feel nostalgic again. Its good to see, that there is still a place for AW2 on the Internet.

Cheers

Wolf

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

R.I.P. -== Skullmaster Hidden (2019) ==- | I won't ever forget you !

• RR SNAKE UK Participant
      August 19, 2017 at 13:49 #1832

Hi Wolf.
      Good to see you out there, it has been a long time. I agree with all you say above and yes, Captain has done a great job the the web site
      even though there is still a couple of bugs to iron out.
      I still play JO but not as much as before, got other thing to do with my life lol, also been playing a couple of other games as they were going
      very very cheap. If there were some NEW maps posted on this site I would play rhem and host them .
      Hope to see you in a game sometime .

• Captain Keymaster
      August 22, 2017 at 21:36 #1854

Great Job! CYCLEBOT`

Thanks CycleBot.

Hi Captain. Looks like you have done a great job on the new web site, Hope to see many of the old members dropping by here. Onr thing I would like to mention is that I can not upload my avatar, where the button says chose a file, I click it and nothing happens. something wrong here ???

Hey Snake. Glad we got your avatar working

Been a while but worth it love the site and will start making maps now that I have the tools to do it with →Thanks Captian and Crew←

Hi Shogun.
      That sounds awesome. Any new maps are welcome, small or big. Looking forward to it 🙂

Hi Captain, looks good. I am glad there are still people coming here and playing JO/AW2. Funny, how there are a few people, thinking its my fault that there are so few people left playing this game, because, and I quote, because I introduced some people back then to Insurgency, especially (as it appears) the map makers. I wasn’t sure if I would be angry about a statement like that, but in the end I had to smile. JO & AW2 already had a lack of people a long time ago, there weren’t even so many Map makers that actually made maps, to even get people away from this Game or making maps for it. Not to mention, that its people’s right to try out other things and if they prefer that, they just play that or create content for that game. Chief-C is the only map maker that really stuck with Insurgency, and the last I know he is now working (officially) for the Developers there, because believe it or not, he makes actually money from that and so can live. You know, priorities. So, to those that think that its my fault, there is a “bite me” and “lol“, take your pick. 😉 I recently switched to MacOSx, and not really play anything anymore. I got other priorities in my life by now, but who knows, maybe I get JO working on MacOSx (not that it would take much to get JO running). 😉 A big shout-out to Cap here, for his continued work on this fine Mod. Makes me feel nostalgic again. Its good to see, that there is still a place for AW2 on the Internet. Cheers Wolf

Thank you Wolf. That is really nice to hear! 😀

• Lunda Participant
      August 29, 2017 at 12:22 #1990

Good to see the AW2 site back. Lazy me will try to build a new map

• gzack Participant
      August 29, 2017 at 23:31 #2032

Good to see the AW2 site back. Lazy me will try to build a new map

Same here! This game is pretty darn fun, just started playing it this in the past year.

• TTG_THOR Participant
      August 30, 2017 at 16:50 #2033

Hay Captain
      You out did yourself this time,  your site looks fantastic it’s nice to see everyone is still around.
      Hope to catch up with you some day and will chat. I have just started to get back into thing with the gaming department, its still slow but getting better
      Have a great day

• Captain Keymaster
      August 30, 2017 at 17:18 #2034

Awwww guys, I must say it’s great to see you here again on the site and I am happy that you like it 😀
      I will continue to work on it.

And also thank you for sending out the message on your sites, that awmod.com is up and running again.
      Yes I have noticed it 😉

• Wolfseye Participant
      August 31, 2017 at 07:11 #2089

Told you already a while ago, Captain. If you build it, they will come. 😉

You did it very well. I wish i would be still into doing websites, but i am afraid that interest is gone for me. Not doing much of any of the old things anymore. Once my PC is sold, whenever that maybe, there is not much with gaming left i am afraid. Mac’s ain’t really made for gaming as you know.

Let’s hope i have a some times to play left until then. It’s good to see that people are still coming here. I don’t really have contact with most of the people i knew anymore, times have changed over the years.

But AW2 lives on, that’s important. 👍

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

R.I.P. -== Skullmaster Hidden (2019) ==- | I won't ever forget you !

• Captain Keymaster
      September 1, 2017 at 18:15 #2096

Hi Wolf

It’s great to have you here once again and thank you for the complements. I’m happy with it too.
      Sorry that you slowly faded out with gaming but as with many things in life, they happen in cycles so I think some day you will eventually return to again. You simply can’t resist hehe 😀

Have a great weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest 10 Maps

AW2 – Dune – Part 1

AW2 – White World

AW2 – Wippsteert

AW2 – Battle at Shambala Falls

AW2 – Airport Takedown v3.14

AW2 – Lumberyard XMAS

AW2 – Zombies Christmas

AW2 – Metal Christmas

AW2 – A Cooties XMAS

AW2 – XMAS Package

Username: