This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by RX8.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • RX8 Participant
      October 2, 2018 at 18:26 #2566

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end.  I have tried two different download locations.  The error is:

Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\”
      Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
      Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe
      Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe”
      Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks

• ladynade Participant
      October 4, 2018 at 16:44 #2567

hhmm i didnt get such error, i really couldn’t tell ya what is wrong.

• Captain Keymaster
      October 16, 2018 at 21:35 #2575

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end. I have tried two different download locations. The error is: Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\” Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe” Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks

Into which folder are your installing the game?

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 02:54 #2577

Thanks for responding.  I first let it install to the default drive/folder.  I also tried installing it to its own folder.  I didn’t see in the instructions on where it was supposed to be installed.  Which folder should it be installed in?

• ladynade Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:06 #2578

if i do recall, i believe it does make it’s own folder

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:08 #2579

Thanks.  I am going to try it again.

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:27 #2580

No luck.  Tried unzipping to the D drive.  I am hesitant to unzip to the main game folder because it will just load all these extra files into the actual game folders and if it doesn’t work I won’t know which files would need to be deleted.

The file appears to download correctly.  When I unzip it appears to be fine but there is a warning that says CRC failed along with some other issues (see attached file AW2 error 2).  Then, still moving forward despite the message (because I am persistent), when clicking on the RAR file I get the error that I posted in my initial post.  When clicking on details for that error I get the notice that the setup contains invalid or missing data (see attached AW2 error).

Probably user error but any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • RX8 Participant
      October 23, 2018 at 17:57 #2584

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end. I have tried two different download locations. The error is: Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\” Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe” Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks

Into which folder are your installing the game?

I have the answer in my above posts.  I didn’t originally quote you so I wanted to go back and quote your post in case you get an e-mail when someone has quoted you directly.   Thanks!

• Inactive
      December 14, 2018 at 01:02 #2613

You have succesfully installed the mod as a standalone application in your games directory.

You should extract the mod to its own folder inside the jointops installation folder:

*.*\JointOperations\Advanced Warfare 2

• RX8 Participant
      December 4, 2019 at 05:09 #2749

Every now and then I try installing the file again.  Still having no luck.  The latest is after downloading the 4.40 file (I’ve tried from two different sites) I am getting this error message. Any ideas to try?

AW2

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • RX8 Participant
      December 6, 2019 at 03:06 #2753

In addition to the error message on the previous post, I also occasionally get “unable to locate the file language.pff” and to reinstall the file before proceeding with the update.  However, that file is in indeed there.  The JO game itself runs just fine.  It is only the mod that for whatever reason is not able to be installed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest 10 Maps

AW2 – Dune – Part 1

AW2 – White World

AW2 – Wippsteert

AW2 – Battle at Shambala Falls

AW2 – Airport Takedown v3.14

AW2 – Lumberyard XMAS

AW2 – Zombies Christmas

AW2 – Metal Christmas

AW2 – A Cooties XMAS

AW2 – XMAS Package

Username: