This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by Andrey_Berg.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Andrey_Berg Participant
      May 27, 2021 at 04:14 #3298

On some maps, you must destroy the searchlights to complete the mission.
      But how to do it? I’ve tried all kinds of weapons. I tried to undermine it.
      The floodlights don’t break anyway.
      But surely the developers know how to destroy them?
      Or they are completely indestructible.
      However, the elimination of the spotlight is included in the scenario of many maps!

• Captain Keymaster
      June 2, 2021 at 17:17 #3306

On some maps, you must destroy the searchlights to complete the mission. But how to do it? I’ve tried all kinds of weapons. I tried to undermine it. The floodlights don’t break anyway. But surely the developers know how to destroy them? Or they are completely indestructible. However, the elimination of the spotlight is included in the scenario of many maps!

Hi Andrey

Thanks for your question.
      The search lights went from destroyable to non-destroyable when we were developing AW2 and coming out with new versions.
      We made it into an “object” instead of a decoration. It can now be found in the object list.
      The reason why it was updated into an object was because there was a new improved version of it, where the mapper would be able to set it to different colors other than just white lights.

So by default, if you set it to team 0, the light is white. If you set the search light to team 1, it is blue and if set to team 2 it is red.

Therefore if the map is made from an older version of AW2, then that could be the reason why it is casing an issue.

In order for to make them destroyable, a mapper needs to add a “hidden” destroyable object around the search light so the players can destroy that instead when they shoot at it. When the “hidden” object is destroyed, the mapper should remove the search light in a wac command.

June 2, 2021 at 20:12 #3313

Hi! I try to go through all the cards in order. Therefore, I immediately notice errors.
      It turns out that the searchlight is an error that does not allow you to complete the map.
      The maps are nevertheless very interesting and cartographers should correct these errors!
      I also found a number of cards with an error in the script when everything is done, but they do not end.
      A number of maps are very difficult and not possible to pass (mainly due to the many rocket men in the air).
      Some more cards crash at launch, although they were once launched.
      Surely cartographers can fix the errors and make these maps work.
      It is not difficult to find them by name.
      Also when jumping from the site https://novahq.net I found one broken archive.

They don’t pass because of the floodlight:
      AW2-Operation Red October
      AW2-OPERATION HOMECOMING
      AW2 Science Friction

Have an error in the script:
      AW2 – The Cartel
      AW2 OPERATION PAIN
      AW2-MUTANTVILLE
      AW2 – REUNITING FRIENDS-PART 3
      AW2 – A FRIEND’S REUNION – PART 4

Very difficult and not passable because of this:
      AW2-A NEST OF SNIPERS
      AW2-BREAKTHRU
      AW2-RING-O-FIRE
      AW2-Into THE UNKNOWN

Crashes on startup:
      AW2-NIGHT AT THE AIRFIELD
      Ow-Go-cart-Go-by-MIA
      AW-Go-Cart-Go-3
      OH, AMEN.
      Attack on the Plain
      Red Dawn
      Forest Fight
      Twin Islands
      AW2 Tank Commander
      Zone 51 Dreamland
      terrains_done
      AW2 – EXPENDABLES 2

Broken archive:
      S^C-01ENjoy

June 4, 2021 at 22:46 #3315

I found and downloaded version 4.00 and its add-ons 4.10 and 4.20.
      However, I liked 4.00 more because of the better graphics.
      Indeed, the searchlight there just broke from the first bullet.
      You can also beat the ceiling lights and make a short circuit.
      It seems that the transparent barriers on the maps have disappeared.
      It’s just a pity that the cards inserted into the game are not laid out separately to test them.
      Also, some maps (for example — AW-Go-Kart-Go-by-MIA) do not run requiring some kind of add-on.
      When you run this map, the game crashes into the system — AW2 – EXPENDABLES 2
      AW2 – The Cartel, AW2 OPERATION PAIN, AW2-MUTANTVILLE — workable, but for some reason do not end at the end.
      It is very necessary that the AW2 – Operation Red October and AW2 – The Cartel cards are pulled from the game and laid out separately!

June 6, 2021 at 23:51 #3316

Found that all maps are contained in the file –> localres.pff
      And it can be changed in different versions of the game.
      In any case, the AW2 Build 4.00 (Final) version for older maps was the best.

• Captain Keymaster
      July 9, 2021 at 08:54 #3378

Hi Andrey

Thanks for sharing your findings.

They don’t pass because of the floodlight:
      AW2-OPERATION HOMECOMING
      AW2 Science Friction

I think we can fix this easily when it comes to the first ones. 

AW2 – The Cartel
      AW2 OPERATION PAIN
      AW2-MUTANTVILLE
      AW2 – REUNITING FRIENDS-PART 3

Can you elaborate on the error, does this have to do with the floodlights or is it some other error?

AW2-A NEST OF SNIPERS
      AW2-BREAKTHRU
      AW2-RING-O-FIRE
      AW2-Into THE UNKNOWN

Do you have to destroy the floodlights in these maps?

Crashes on startup:
      AW2-NIGHT AT THE AIRFIELD
      Ow-Go-cart-Go-by-MIA
      AW-Go-Cart-Go-3
      OH, AMEN.
      Attack on the Plain
      Red Dawn
      Forest Fight
      Twin Islands
      AW2 Tank Commander
      Zone 51 Dreamland
      terrains_done
      AW2 – EXPENDABLES 2

For the ones that are here on awmod.com i’m going to contact the map authors to see if they can fix it.  

July 9, 2021 at 16:14 #3379

AW2 cards with an error

They do not pass because of the searchlight:
      AW2 – Operation Red October
      AW2 – OPERATION COMING HOME
      AW2 Science Fiction

Training: M1A1 Tank
      AW2 – The Cartel
      AW2 OPERATION PAIN
      AW2 – MUTANTVILLE
      AW2 – A FRIEND’S REUNION – PART 3

AW2-SNIPERS NEST
      AW2 – BREAKTHRU
      AW2 – RING-O-FIRE
      AW2 – INTO THE UNKNOWN

Crash at startup:
      AW-Go-Kart-Go-by-MIA
      AW-Go-Kart-Go-3
      AW AMEN
      Attack in the plain
      Red Dawn
      Forest Fight
      Twin Islands
      Area 51 Dreamland
      terrains_none
      AW2 – EXPENDABLES 2
      S*CFW 3-02

Broken archive:
      S^C-01ENjoy

They do not pass because of the searchlight:

AW2 – Operation Red October

AW2 OPERATION COMING HOME

AW2 Science Friction Cooperative

All three maps are fully functional, but it is impossible to break the Searchlights in version 4.40-4.41. To do this, you need to install versions 4.00, 4.10 or 4.20, where the Spotlight breaks with the first bullet. Also, the Ceiling lights are beating there and Short circuits occur.
      When we developed AW2 and released new versions, the searchlights moved from destructible to non-destructible. We turned it into an “object”, not an ornament. Now you can find it in the list of objects. The reason why it was updated into an object was that there was a new improved version of it, in which the cartographer will be able to adjust it to other colors other than just white light. So by default, if you set it to the 0 command, the light will be white. If you set the spotlight to team 1, it will be blue, and if you set it to team 2, it will be red. Therefore, if the card is made from an older version of AW2, this may be the reason why it is causing the problem. To make them destructible, the cartographer must add a “hidden” destructible object around the search light so that players can destroy it when they shoot at it. When the “hidden” object is destroyed, the cartographer must remove the search indicator in the wac command.
      In this way, the searchlight was destroyed simply by hitting it with the first bullet and it immediately went out. His ray was also more milky. It was also possible to break the ceiling lights, which caused a short circuit. Thus, the electricity turned out to be faulty due to a bug introduced into the game during its modernization. And to pass these maps, you need version 4.00, or its modifications 4.10, 4.20.

Training: M1A1 Tank
      Single

This map has not been played since the original game. After beating off the first wave of tanks and infantry at the training ground, the second wave no longer comes, and it is impossible to get out of the tank. Helicopters also hang motionless. If you do not get into the tank at the beginning of the mission, it ends in defeat. Thus, the mission has no end, and it is useless to sit and wait.

AW2 – The Cartel

In this map, task 3 “Destroy Technicals” was never completed, although I destroyed all the Mi-24 helicopters at the sites and 4 Locators at the barracks. There were no other goals anymore.

AW2 OPERATION PAIN

Two rescued Pilots refuse to get into a helicopter in the area of zone C near a Two-story hut. They’re just standing around him! The mission can only be completed with defeat by shooting these Pilots.

AW2 – MUTANTVILLE

After rescuing the President from the Grotto, he got out, but refused to get into the boat and just swam to the shore. Then nothing happened at all: the helicopter just hung over the water, and the President and his two pilots ran around the map like sprinters. So I had to quit the game.

AW2 – A FRIEND’S REUNION – PART 3

To capture the last point E, it was necessary to first fill in the capture scale in the courtyard, and the final capture of the point was carried out on the 3rd floor of the building in a room to the left of the arsenal. Here, above the courtyard, there was a ladder to the roof to the upper floors of the 5-storey buildings. So Drake’s elite guards were standing behind the concrete fortifications, and he himself was standing on the left side of the hall. To enter there, it was necessary to shoot an electric switch with a green light on the wall of sandbags. After that, the green lights at the entrance lit up and I was able to get inside. However, shooting at Drake did not give anything-he was simply unkillable, and calmly went to the Helipad behind a wall of bags. I was able to destroy the enemies near it, but I could not cross the transparent wall in any way. Shooting at the Helicopter Pilot and Drake did not give anything, so we had to end the campaign here.
      Note: in the old versions 4.00, 4.10, 4.20, you can go straight through the transparent barrier to the Helipad, but this did not give anything, because nothing happened anyway.

Soon I reached the Three-Bar base, where I captured point D and destroyed a box in a large barrack with a fireplace. Here it was possible to take Humvees or trucks for further movement towards the Allied base, the beacon fire of which was visible from a long distance. Soon I got there, but it was impossible to go around or swim around the base, since there was a border of the operation zone there. I killed the enemies near the fence and inside, but I could not get there in any way because of the passage blocked by a metal plate. And yet I was able to get inside with the help of a car. Inside there was a hangar with boxes that I had destroyed, a lighthouse and a two-story white Headquarters building. It was also blocked by a stove, and whatever I did, I could not get inside, having to end the campaign on this.

They are very difficult and do not pass because of this:

AW2 – SNIPERS NEST

Obviously, the same madman created the same map as the previous one. Only here he placed the city on two levels on platforms floating under the clouds. In the center of the lower platform there were various buildings and towers, and on the edges behind the wall there were skyscrapers. In the center, a crowd of enemies was constantly reviving here, and the stingers had homing missiles. There were also a lot of 88-mm anti-aircraft guns. I walked along the edge of the lower level to point F and could not get to point G because of the closed gate. It was necessary to destroy all the Gas cylinders that were standing in the central part of the level. I searched everything I could, but I didn’t find 4 cylinders. Bottles are even more difficult to find here. In general, after cleaning the central part of the lower level, it is possible to climb up to the two-story houses via a concrete pipe. However, as they write in the comments, even 10 people did not achieve victory here in 4.5 hours. So if you can win here, it’s very, very difficult. And then you need to carefully remember the location of the cylinders and bottles.

AW2 – BREAKTHRU

There were a huge number of command points scattered in some chaotic structure. Here it was necessary to find and destroy a huge amount of ammunition marked on the map with green dots. Garbage barricades had to be undermined to make passages in them. I pushed through the first barrier of Grenade launchers, Flaming anti-aircraft guns and barricades, blew up the 1st box of ammunition, but around the corner I came under heavy fire. Maybe I would have gradually passed this map, destroying the Satellite dish at the end and finding Pavelov’s helicopter, but the huge number of Rocket Men on satchels in the sky did not allow me to do this. I constantly knocked them down, but they came in a crowd again! Their homing missiles were deadly and they also threw Molotov cocktails at me. Sometimes Rocket packs fell near me and I was even able to fly away on it once, but they still caught up with me and destroyed me! Probably, this map should be passed with a large number of people, and all the time you will have to shoot Stingers at the Rocket Men.

AW2 – RING-O-FIRE

I also couldn’t pass this map on an Icy Plateau with Oil Rigs because of the huge number of Rocket Men in the sky. There were also helicopters flying here all the time. Here it was necessary to break through to the Spruce Mountain in the center. Here it was necessary to look for ammunition and hidden electric keys. However, it was possible to pass this very difficult map only as part of a large group.

AW2 – INTO THE UNKNOWN

I was able to pass this map only to point A due to its incredible complexity. The operation began in the valley near the 3-storey black-and-yellow building of the Wasp’s Nest. I immediately came under fire from an Abrams fire tank and two 88-mm anti-aircraft guns. In the distance, behind the ridge, an ultra-high 3-tier skyscraper could be seen. the only way to get there was through a hornet’s nest. Here I started destroying masts (16 pieces), Radars (16 pieces) and black barrels (108 pieces). The destruction of the boxes on the 2nd floor was not included in the calculation. I destroyed the barrels on the 3rd floor, and the destruction of two generators in the supports of the building (74 pieces) through a closed wall allowed me to open the entrance to the Tubular Tunnel. Through the pipe I got into the Dungeon, where I found 3 rooms with orange tanks (70 pieces) and generators in the side rooms. In the first room there were 2 orange tanks, in the second-3 and in the third-4. When I was able to clear these rooms, I went upstairs to the fort, where I captured point A under a Three-tiered skyscraper. This is where I had to finish the game: a swarm of Rocket men on satchels flew for a long time, and the arrows of 88-mm anti-aircraft guns on the edges of the valley were constantly being revived, like stingers and grenade throwers. Also, not particularly dangerous jeeps drove here anymore. I tried to break through to the building, but I couldn’t do it under very heavy fire and had to withdraw from the operation.

Crash at startup:

AW-Go-Cart-Go-by-MIA

When loading, an inscription appears on the dark background of the game.
      Unable to load mission. This mission requires assets or an expansion that is not activated.
      The mission cannot be loaded. This mission requires assets or an extension that is not activated.

AW-Go-Cart-Go-3

Unable to load mission. This mission requires assets or an expansion that is not activated.
      The mission cannot be loaded. This mission requires assets or an extension that is not activated.

AW AMEN

After launching, the mission hangs with a white sign:After clicking on “OK”, the game crashes into the System.
      A broken file was found in the folder with the game.
      2 .bin +
      2.npj +
      2.WAC —
      AMEN.jpg +
      The mission is fully functional, but there is a broken 2.WAC sound file in the folder, which causes the error. To start the game, you need to delete this file.

Attack in the plain

Red Dawn

Desmatch

Forest Fight

Desmatch

Twin Islands

At the end of the download, this inscription appears on the download field, after which the game returns to the menu.
      Mission is too large: Too much memory allocated – ‘Remove some object types and re-export’. Polytrn: Memory allocation failed – ‘colormap’.
      The mission is too big: too much memory is allocated – “Delete several types of objects and re-export”. Palette: memory allocation failure – “color map”.

Area 51 Dreamland

The mission cannot be loaded. This mission requires assets or an extension that is not activated.terrains_done
      Cooperative
      The game does not find this map, since judging by what is in the folder, the mission was not completed and has many files with pictures. And there are no files with maps.

AW2 – EXPENDABLES 2

Crashes at the start of loading without any signs. There is a broken file among the mission files.Expendables 2 Description.txt +
      Expendables 2 Pic 1.jpg +
      Expendables 2 Pic2.jpg +
      MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2.bin —
      MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2.ifl +
      MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2.npj +
      MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2.str +
      MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2.WAC +Thus, only the mission description file has some kind of error due to which the mission crashes at launch.
      The map is being launched. It has errors in the mission description file: MKAW_COOP_EXPENDABLES2. bin
      Which needs to be fixed with something. All other files are working.

S*C-WW3-02

Single does not launch

At the end of the download, this inscription appears on the download field, after which the game returns to the menu.
      Mission is too large: Too much memory allocated – ‘Remove some object types and re-export’. Polytrn: Memory allocation failed – ‘colormap’.
      The mission is too big: too much memory is allocated – “Delete several types of objects and re-export”. Palette: memory allocation failure – “color map”.

Broken archive:

S^C-01ENjoy

July 9, 2021 at 16:25 #3380

I tried to describe the problems in the maps.

Errors due to spotlights are only in these maps:
      AW2-OPERATION HOMECOMING
      AW2 Science Fiction

In other maps, there are some errors directly in the script. Or the maps simply don’t start.

All other cards are taken from here:
      https://novahq.net

If you need them, it’s easy to find them there. Some of them seem to be interesting.
      It would be nice to restore them.

It would also be nice to redo the Shadowman cards for AW2.
      Although I would not refuse to download the original maps, if someone has them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest 10 Maps

AW2 – Dune – Part 1

AW2 – White World

AW2 – Wippsteert

AW2 – Battle at Shambala Falls

AW2 – Airport Takedown v3.14

AW2 – Lumberyard XMAS

AW2 – Zombies Christmas

AW2 – Metal Christmas

AW2 – A Cooties XMAS

AW2 – XMAS Package

Username: