Frontpage Forums TALK ABOUT ANYTHING TALK ABOUT ANYTHING Error installing
This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shemihazah 4 months, 1 week ago.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • RX8 Participant
      October 2, 2018 at 18:26 #2566

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end.  I have tried two different download locations.  The error is:

Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\”
      Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
      Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe
      Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe”
      Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks

• ladynade Participant
      October 4, 2018 at 16:44 #2567

hhmm i didnt get such error, i really couldn’t tell ya what is wrong.

• Captain Keymaster
      October 16, 2018 at 21:35 #2575

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end. I have tried two different download locations. The error is: Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\” Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe” Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks

Into which folder are your installing the game?

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 02:54 #2577

Thanks for responding.  I first let it install to the default drive/folder.  I also tried installing it to its own folder.  I didn’t see in the instructions on where it was supposed to be installed.  Which folder should it be installed in?

• ladynade Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:06 #2578

if i do recall, i believe it does make it’s own folder

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:08 #2579

Thanks.  I am going to try it again.

• RX8 Participant
      October 18, 2018 at 03:27 #2580

No luck.  Tried unzipping to the D drive.  I am hesitant to unzip to the main game folder because it will just load all these extra files into the actual game folders and if it doesn’t work I won’t know which files would need to be deleted.

The file appears to download correctly.  When I unzip it appears to be fine but there is a warning that says CRC failed along with some other issues (see attached file AW2 error 2).  Then, still moving forward despite the message (because I am persistent), when clicking on the RAR file I get the error that I posted in my initial post.  When clicking on details for that error I get the notice that the setup contains invalid or missing data (see attached AW2 error).

Probably user error but any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • RX8 Participant
      October 23, 2018 at 17:57 #2584

I am trying to download 4.40 and after unzipping and installing I get the same error towards the end. I have tried two different download locations. The error is: Extracting to “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\” Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no Extracting Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe Error: Bad data in file “D:\Games\Advanced Warfare 2\Advanced_Warfare_2_v4_40_Full_Setup.exe” Irrecoverable Error: Bad data detected. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks

Into which folder are your installing the game?

I have the answer in my above posts.  I didn’t originally quote you so I wanted to go back and quote your post in case you get an e-mail when someone has quoted you directly.   Thanks!

• Shemihazah Participant
      December 14, 2018 at 01:02 #2613

You have succesfully installed the mod as a standalone application in your games directory.

You should extract the mod to its own folder inside the jointops installation folder:

*.*\JointOperations\Advanced Warfare 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest 10 Maps

AW2 – BRUTAL ENEMY

AW2 – SPACE RACE

AW2 – SAVE THE PRESIDENT

AW2 – POW BREAKOUT

AW2 – THE HUNT FOR BIN LADEN

AW2 – Op Quång Çhi

AW2 – RESIDENT EVIL – PART 3

AW2 – RESIDENT EVIL – PART 2

AW2 – RESIDENT EVIL – PART 1

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Captain